The first two months of the new year often pass following all the new year resolutions and new work plans. Unfortunately, students also have a busy, hectic schedule keeping them from breaking free into the world of wonders.
But who can resist the wanderlust burning within? All you need is a short holiday break; then, there is nothing to stop you from going out in the wild again.
In March, you can create the perfect opportunity for travel. There are some of the best places to travel in March; once you check out some of the places I have mentioned in this article, you will definitely take the opportunity.
You can heal your tired body and mind on the sunny and windy beaches. However, the wanderer within you may also want to spend a few nights in a new city that you have never been to before.
The best thing about traveling is that it introduces new places to you. It helps you rediscover life, gives you a wider perspective, and helps you love yourself. And March is the perfect time for such rediscovery, all thanks to its weather.
March is the perfect time for traveling since the weather remains moderate and bearable. The sun is bright but not scorching, and the wind is cool and relaxing. Such weather makes a perfect opportunity to go out and explore the world and its beauty.
Ten Best Places To Travel In March
The following article lists some of the best places to travel in March–
1. Lakshadweep – India
The smallest union territory of India, Lakshadweep, Is an archipelago of 36 islands situated in the Arabian sea. The 36 islands include three reefs, 12 atolls, and five submerged banks. Ten among them are inhabited. In Malayalam and Sanskrit, the word Lakshadweep means a hundred thousand islands.
Lakshadweep apples to the travelers with its sun-kissed sea beeches adorned with lush green landscapes. The pristine ecology and culture of Lakshadweep make it one of the best places to travel in March. The beeches are calm, with beautiful palm and coconut trees to keep you company.
- Famous For: Lakshadweep is famous for its natural beauty.
- How To Reach: From Kochi, tourists can reach Lakshadweep by ship or by flight.
- Places To Visit: Agatti Islands, Bangaram Island, Kalpeni Island, Minicoy Island, Kavaratti Islands, and Kadmat
- Things To Do: Scuba diving, kayaking, parasailing, pedal boating, and relaxing on the beach.
- Foods To Try: Fish tikka, Octopus fry, Mus kabab.
2. Canary Islands – Spain
The first two months of the year are freezing cold in most of the places in the Northern Hemisphere. March makes up for the best time to escape from the chilly winter and busk in the Canary island in Spain. Known as the Sunshine Center Of Europe, Canary island is an archipelago consisting of seven islands. Five of these islands have been declared biosphere reserves. There are also four national parks on this island.
The weather here is pleasant all around the year. It is among the best places to travel in March if you are planning to spend a family holiday. The small beach towns nearby, wedding venues, and restaurants welcome you with the best place to spend romantic quality time in March.
- Famous For: Sea beaches, bio reserves, and national parks.
- How To Reach: You can land at Gran Canaria International Airport.
- Places To Visit: Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, and the four national parks.
- Things To Do: Enjoy water sports, rock climbing in the national parks, explore the exceptional volcanic landscapes, and dive.
- Foods To Try: Spanish delicious dishes like–Mojo Picón, Almogrote, Ropa Vieja,Miel De Palma, Sancocho, Canario, Bienmesabe.
3. Paris – France
The vigorous springtime in March is the best time to celebrate love. And I can’t think of any better place than Paris to spend a romantic holiday in March. A kiss under the Eiffel tower is on the bucket list of many couples.
In March, you can grab the opportunity and explore the history, romance, architecture, and wonderful cityscape of Paris in March. Unlike summer, Paris is not all that much occupied in March. It is undoubtedly among the best places to travel in March.
- Famous For: One of the seven wonders of the world, City of love.
- How To Reach: You can fly directly to the International Airport of Paris.
- Places To Visit: Eiffel Tower, Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, Louver Museum, Arc de Triomphe.
- Things To Do: Kiss under the Eiffel tower, visit Louver Museum and explore the architecture and cityscape.
- Foods To Try: Croissants, steak tartare, jambon-beurre, escargots, macarons.
4. Crete – Greece
Crete still has millions of mysteries stuck on the walls of the ancient architecture and its beautiful City. People say that Crete used to be an ancient capital in the time of Theseus. There are castes full of mysteries and alleys with undiscovered history.
The pristine beaches and hundreds of archeological sites are among the best attractions to spend a few days in the temperate weather of Crete. Crete is one of the best places to travel to in March if you are looking for a historical location in March.
- Famous For: Several archeological sites, including the Palace of Knossos.
- How To Reach: You need to land at Athens international airport. Then take a ferry from Piraeus Port.
- Places To Visit: Chania lighthouse & Venetian harbor, Heraklion, Palace of Knossos, Rethymno, Knossos
- Things To Do: Sightseeing, visit ruins of prehistoric villages, get out on safari, spend time at the beaches.
- Foods To Try: Cretan Cheeses, Fried snails, Dakos, Cretan Cheese Pies, Mountain Bulbs.
5. Prague – Chez Republic
You want to travel, but your pocket is short. But a tight budget should not stop you from traveling. Prague is a budget-friendly place to visit in March. Moreover, Prague is one of the best places to travel in March for the hopeless wanderers who love to explore cultures and explore history from close proximity.
Architecture lovers will have the best time of their lives in Prague. The statue of Infant Jesus in Mala Strana is a must-see site in Prague. Unlike European travel destinations, Prague is much of a budget-oriented travel destination. You will love the castles and the beauty of the town life in Prague.
- Famous For: beautiful architecture, affordable nightlife.
- How To Reach: Land at the Prague international airport and take a taxi to roam around the City.
- Places To Visit: Prague Castle, Old Town Square, Charles Bridge.
- Things To Do: site-seeing, spend time in the beautiful town.
- Foods To Try: Knedliky, Koleno, Czech roast duck.
6. Phuket – Thailand
The biggest island in Thailand, Phuket, is one of the best places to travel in March. The relaxing beaches, beautiful temples, and rich culture of Thailand are some of the overwhelming attractions of Phuket. However, for people wanting to have fun on vibrant and colorful nights, Phuket can be an attention seeker.
You can have fun at the Nai Harn and Kata Noi beaches. The 45 meters tall Buddha statue in Phuket is another attraction. If on Budget, Phuket is on the top list of the best places to visit in March for a family holiday.
- Famous For: Beeches, vibrant nightlife, cultural sites.
- How To Reach: You can land at Phuket international airport.
- Places To Visit: Phuket Trickeye Museum, Old Phuket Town.
- Things To Do: Water sports, boat tour, nightlife, sightseeing, jungle safari, and shopping.
- Foods To Try: Pad Thai, Kuay Teow, Pancake, Moo Ping.
7. Reykjavík – Iceland
Many travelers yearn for the calm and serene beauty of the wild. Such loves of nature will find Reykjavik pleasing. Adventure lovers and nature worshipers can connect with the scenic beauty of Iceland once they visit Reykjavik. It is one of the best places to travel in March.
While I suggest you visit Reykjavik in March, July and August are also the best for visiting This beautiful place.
- Famous For: The best music festivals in North Europe, enjoying the nightlife.
- How To Reach: In Reykjavik, you can fly to Keflavík International Airport
- Places To Visit: Harpa Concert Hall and Conference Center, Hallgrimskirkja, Perlan, Sun Voyager.
- Things To Do: Enjoy nature, site seeing, and try local foods.
- Foods To Try: Skyr, Slow Roasted Lamb, Icelandic Fish, Icelandic Lamb Soup
8. Lisbon – Portugal
Lisbon is an aesthetic city with an overwhelmingly vibrant culture and history. The charming City, winding and cobbled streets with pastel-toned houses standing around to pave the pathway of a traveler attract hopeless wanderers.
Artist-travelers will have some of the most beautiful cityscapes to take photographs of or make paintings of. The sunny weather in Lisbon will enrich your mood while the Fado music and the friendly local people welcome travelers with their smiles.
- Famous For: Culture, beautiful City, enjoying the nightlife.
- How To Reach: Land at Lisbon Portela International Airport.
- Places To Visit: Jerónimos Monastery, Tower of Belém, Praça do Comércio
- Things To Do: Sightseeing, photography, enjoying the nightlife.
- Foods To Try: Sardines, Bacalhau,Pasteis de Nata
9. Queenstown – New Zealand
The adventure capital of the world, Queenstown, is indeed among the best travel locations you can go to in March.
The summer in Queenstown is the most pleasant time of the year to travel to. As a traveler from the northern hemisphere, you should feel the most comfortable if you are traveling in March. Why? Because the summery weather of New Zealand is similar to the winter in the Asian countries.
Some out-of-the-world natural sceneries make Queenstown one of the best places to travel in March. Photographers, birdwatchers, and nature lovers are going to love what Queenstown has in store for them. The place feels like it is out of a Disney movie.
- Famous For: Beautiful landscapes, adventurous activities.
- How To Reach: Land at Queenstown international airport.
- Places To Visit: Kiwi Birdlife Park, Shotover River, Skippers Canyon, Milford Sound.
- Things To Do: Jet boating, white water rafting, skydiving, bungy jumping.
- Foods To Try: Fergburger, Duck Nachos, Tiger Prawn Linguini.
10. Whistler – Canada
Whistler of Canada brings a mix of all the things travelers yearn for. Just as there is some beautiful scenic natural beauty, you can also move around and feel the wonderful weather Whistler has to offer.
Whistlers are situated on the Coast Mountain and are a hotspot for the bird watchers. You can go mountain hiking and do lots of fun activities like mountain biking and sky diving in Whistler. If you travel in the winter, you can also go skiing.
- Famous For: The natural wonders and beautiful weather.
- How To Reach: You can land at Vancouver International Airport and go to Whistler from there by bus or a taxi.
- Places To Visit: Whistler Blackcomb, Alexander Falls, Garibaldi Provincial Park, Whistler Olympic Park
- Things To Do: Hiking, mountain biking, skydiving.
- Foods To Try: Poutine, Montreal-style Bagels, Peameal Bacon, Butter tarts
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Some of these frequently asked questions will help you if you are planning a trip in March.
1. What Are The Cheapest Places To Travel In March?
March is a good time to travel because of the temperate weather in most countries. In the southern hemisphere, it is the time of autumn, while in the north, March brings the springtime. If you are planning the cheapest trip around this time of the year, then you can go to Phuket, Prague, Lakshadweep, and Lisbon.
2. Is March A Good Time To Travel?
March is a good time to travel because the weather in March is more than what you call bearable. The weather during this time is usually temperate. Also, most of the travel locations only have a few visitors because most of the traveler’s tours are during January and February. If you are looking for peace and quiet, then it is among the best times of the year.
3. What Is The Best Time To Visit Paris?
Although you can go to Paris anytime in the year (nothing’s stopping you), it would indeed be awesome if you visited Paris from February to May. These are the best months for visiting Paris. I would suggest that you either go in February or in March.
March is the time when most travelers start to evacuate the places they travel to. To enjoy the thrill and adventure of most travelers, they complete their travel within March. So, traveling in March may feel like a little late, but it has its perks. You can avoid congestion and relax to your heart’s content.
You can go to any of the locations mentioned here. All of them are ranked as the best places to travel in March by most travelers. And please don’t forget to share your experience with us.
- A Guide To National Parks In Georgia – Latest Guide
- Most Exciting Places To Visit In Bulgaria In 2022
- Top 10 Best Travel Sites For Tour In 2022