Up for a plan to become silent again and turn into a storyteller later?
Well, here is some good deal then. If you are looking forward to the spring season to set out for your dream trip, your search for some worthy destinations ends here.
In this article, you can check out the best places to travel in February. Moreover, all entries in the list give you vital information about the place and a few breathtaking activities that you can indulge in.
So, time for a mini world tour folks!
All you have to do is just keep reading and I am sure, by the end of this article, you can choose a place and make further planning to reach out there and have fun.
Traveling In February
If you are a travel freak, it is obvious for you to understand that each month of a year has its own beauty. You only need to land at the correct destination to get that heavenly vibe. Now, February is the month of love and you can expect nature to show you some unconditional love while you travel.
No matter whether you are on an adventurous trip or a romantic getaway, it would always be a memorable trip. So, you are all free to make your next Valentine’s Day worth remembering. For now, check out the best places to travel in February 2022 in the following list.
Top Ten Places To Travel In February In 2022
Here are some best places to travel to in February that you need to know. So, before purchasing a flight ticket or packing your bags, just read out everything once.
1. Venice – Italy
You can hardly find a travel freak who does not possess a dream to visit Venice once in their lives. Well, a February trip to this classic city in Italy can be a memory that you would cherish for life.
The main reason why you should land in Venice during the spring is due to the festival. It is known as the Legendary Venice Festival among travelers. So, you can expect to mix up with the Italian culture quite easily. Remember that the Italians are quite friendly and you would forever remember the hospitality that you get from this city. So, check out the facts about one of the best places to travel in February, Venice.
- Reaching Venice: Regular flights are in service from different airports in the US to the Marco Polo International Airport, Venice.
- Dishes To Try: Bigoli in Salsa, Sarde in Saor, Risotto Al Nero Di Seppia.
- Major Activities: Indulge in the Venice festival, do not miss a Gondola ride through the Grand Canal, try Italian beer and wine, and shop around the classic markets.
2. Udaipur – India
Udaipur is a small yet picturesque city in India. It is located in the state of Rajasthan which is pretty near to New Delhi, the national capital. Due to its classic grandeur, it is also known as ‘The Venice of the East’. Moreover, it is also called ‘The City of Lakes’.
When in Udaipur during February, you can experience the fantastic weather and sweet sunshine all day. Moreover, the Rajput culture can make you feel like the king. Do not forget to visit Lake Pichola while you are in the city. Apart from it, you can explore the Lake Palace.
In case you are desiring a romantic getaway with your partner, Udaipur can be one of the best places to travel in February. If you keep interested in classic art, Udaipur is a city that you would always want to revisit.
- Reaching Udaipur: Maharana Pratap Airport is the nearest airport to Udaipur. You can also take the Maharaja’s Express from Mumbai to reach Udaipur.
- Dishes To Try: Dal Bati Churma, Kesar Sharbet, Royal Ghewar
- Major Activities: Listen to the Rajasthani folk melodies, experience a camel ride, and go for a boating session on Lake Pichola.
3. Barcelona – Spain
One of the best places to travel to in February USA for a solo traveler can surely be Barcelona. If you are looking for an escape from the daily mundane and enjoying the spring in a picturesque city, choose Barca.
During February, the climate remains cool but the temperature in Barcelona does not reach the chilly zone. One excellent thing about Barcelona is that you can find the city always celebrating something or the other. So, look for the local musicians and dancers performing in city joints to have fun.
Moreover, as a solo traveler, you can spend some quality time exploring the city on foot. Barca has got a green zone where you can find no cars.
- Reaching Barcelona: Any connecting flight to the El Prat Airport.
- Dishes To Try: Paella, Potato Bombers, Croquettes, Gazpachos.
- Major Activities: Witness the outstanding architecture at Casa Batllo, listen to the flamenco guitar, hike/drive to the top of Montserrat.
4. Masai Mara – Kenya
Adventure in February? Well, it is something not everyone can think of. If you are always ready for an adventurous trip, choose to visit Masai Mara in Kenya. The most unique thing that you can expect to see in Masai Mara is baby animals. So, you can always consider it one of the best places to travel in February.
No matter if you are alone or with your partner, the national wildlife reserves of Masai Mara can always provide you with a thrill. It would be best if you pre-plan everything with the help of an experienced tour operator. Do not forget to take your camera with some Tele lenses as you can spend time birdwatching and spotting wild animals, especially lions, elephants, and leopards.
However, for a February trip, you should take a lot of rain gear as afternoon thundershowers are very common in Masai Mara at this time. Even you can consider it as one of the best places to travel in March.
- Reaching Masai Mara: From the US, you can take any flight to Nairobi Airport. There are cars and bus services to take you to Masai Mara.
- Dishes To Try: Bush meals, Safari food.
- Major Activities: Birdwatching, exploring the African savannah, spotting wild animals.
5. Queenstown – New Zealand
As a hardcore adventure traveler, you can pick Queensland in New Zealand as one of the best places to travel in February. It is best known as ‘The Adventure Capital Of The World’ among the people who have once visited here or those who have a deadly desire to do the same.
Here, you can find Wakatipu Lake and the Kawarau River. So, do not waste time booking an excursion online. On the other hand, if you have a plan to make things lavish, an option for a helicopter trip is also there.
The weather of Queensland in February is outstanding and you would get full energy to indulge in adventurous activities at this place.
- Reaching Queensland: You can purchase a flight ticket to Brisbane or Gold Coast Airport to reach Queensland at the earliest.
- Dishes To Try: Moreton Bay Prawns and Bugs Curry, Barramundi.
- Major Activities: Indulge in river rafting, go sky diving, experience bungee jumping, go trekking, and cruise riding.
6. New Orleans – USA
Are you the one who is not eager to travel to any foreign land for a February trip? Well, in that case, you can reach out to New Orleans. It is surely one of the best places to travel in the US in February 2022.
New Orleans City falls in Louisiana state and it is quite accessible from all parts of the country. You can expect a comforting hot climate at this place during the aforesaid month. Moreover, it would be an exciting experience for you to witness the Mardi Gras Party.
Even a short trip to New Orleans during February can be outstanding as hell. Always expect to take home a bucketful of fondling memories while having a short trip to the city. Thus, you can always prove with the example of New Orleans that it is needless to visit a foreign land to have fun.
Now, many Americans would not consider this as one of the best places to travel in February but you should not make the same mistake. Take a look at the facts:
- Reaching New Orleans: Any domestic flight to the New Orleans Airport can be the best way to reach. You can also take the highway to reach the city from other places in the US.
- Dishes To Try: Gumbo, Red beans and rice, Banana fosters, King cakes.
- Major Activities: Enjoy the Mardi Gras party, visit the local museums and aquariums, and watch a musical concert in the Saenger Theatre.
7. Paris – France
As you already know that February is all about love and romance, you would not find a better trip destination than Paris. If you are thinking of going on a couple trips, blindly choose Paris. The weather in Paris during the spring is quite cool. So, do not forget to take woolen clothes while you visit the city. It can always be one of the best places to travel in February with your partner.
As you explore the city, you can really feel the love in the air. Take a bucket full of pictures with your partner. When it comes to sightseeing you can put your eyes on the classic buildings of Gothic architecture.
Apart from the Eiffel Tower, you can choose the roadside cafes in Paris to spend quality time with your partner. Go to cafes like Signature and Le Cinq to get the best French dishes.
- Reaching Paris: There are three airports near the city and you need to catch a connecting flight to anyone. They are Beauv, Charles de Gaulle International Airport, and Orly International.
- Dishes To Try: The Croissant, Oeufs, Bouillabaisse.
- Major Activities: Take a photo in front of the Eiffel Tower, explore the majestic buildings and museums, and enjoy the glittering nightlife.
8. Mendoza – Argentina
Mendoza in Argentina is again one of the best places to travel in February for a solo tripper. You can visit this place just by packing your bags within a few days and making a quick plan.
A small vacation in this city can overall be a memorable experience for you. The best you can do is book a hotel for a couple of days. There are a lot of public transport means that you can avail yourself in the city. So, cutting down on transport charges can be an easy task.
As a citizen of the US, you can land in Mendoza to enjoy summer early for a few days. However, the views of the frosted Andes can anytime take your breath away. Also, do not skip visiting the picturesque vines in the city.
- Reaching Mendoza: A flight to Buenos Aires can be the easiest way to be in Argentina. From the airport, you can take a long-distance bus and enjoy the entire ride.
- Dishes To Try: Chimichurri, Alfajores and Yerba Mate.
- Major Activities: Experience a horse riding journey to the Andes, paragliding, organized vineyard tours, and red wine tasting.
9. Borneo – Malaysia
When it comes to trip destinations, most travelers choose places according to their preferences. So, if you are more into seas and islands, pick Borneo in February. It is politically very significant as the place belongs to Kalimantan, Sarawak, and Malaysia on a sharing basis.
Borneo can be the best place to be in February with your partner. You can even find a lot of couples on this island celebrating the auspicious season of love. The best you can do is plan for a lavish trip to this place. Ask your travel agent to book a resort that has a private beach. As a result, you can spend a lot of quality time with your partner.
As a traveler couple on a honeymoon, Borneo can be an excellent destination as it can give you a chance to enjoy the sweet mellow. Although, there are a few activities that you can indulge in while in this place. Check those in the specific section below.
- Reaching Borneo: Kota Kinabalu is the nearest airport to Borneo. So, all you have to do is catch any connecting flight to this place. You can check if there are some Malaysia Airlines and Malindo Airlines planes available from the US.
- Dishes To Try: Laksa, Curry Puff, Kolo Mee.
- Major Activities: Hike to the summit of Mt. Kinabalu, snorkeling and other water sports, and island hopping with the boat.
10. St. Helena – UK
If you are one of those few travelers who desire to escape from the world and choose isolation, St. Helena Island can be the best place for you. It is a single Island located at the Southern part of the Atlantic Ocean.
As the island is located in the Southern Hemisphere, you can enjoy the warm weather here. Moreover, you can expect proper security in this place as it falls under the administration of the United Kingdom.
As one of the best places to travel in February, you can visit here solo or with your partner. There are a few luxurious hotels and bars on St. Helena Island where you can stay and spend a lot of quality time. You can even consider this place as one of the best places to travel in January.
- Reaching St. Helena: Regular boat services are available to St. Helena from Johannesburg, South Africa. So, from the US, you need to reach Jo’burg on a flight.
- Dishes To Try: The traditional Sunday Roast, Black Pudding, Plo, Spicy Fish Cakes.
- Major Activities: Indulge in water sports, swim with the sharks, and go for a parasailing session over the ocean.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. Where Can I Go In 2022?
You can choose places like Paris, Venice, Borneo and St. Helena to visit in February.
2. Where Is The Best To Travel In February?
Any place near the equator or in the Southern Hemisphere can be the best place to travel in February.
3. What Is The Best Holiday In February?
A sea holiday or a city destination holiday with lots of food and activities can always be the best in February.
4. Where Is Hottest In February?
Countries like Australia, South Africa, and Argentina can be the hottest in February.
Final Take Away
A habit of traveling is not just a habit but an addiction. However, it does not kill you but turns you bankrupt. Well, that was surely a bad joke. Remember, proper planning before a trip can always help you cover a destination in the best way. Moreover, you can save a lot of money while following a specific itinerary.
As you now know about the ten best places to travel in February, it is time you pick a destination and further plan for it. Always check the travel norms and catch the best travel agent to have a flawless trip.
- Top 7 Nantucket Beaches For Tourists In Massachusetts
- A Guide To National Parks In Georgia – Latest Guide
- Best National Parks In Missouri That You Must Know