In the last few years, the small island of Mykonos has emerged as the hottest luxury travel destination in the world. It has attracted the attention of the wealthiest celebrities, billionaire businessmen, and other rich and famous individuals.
When it comes to vacations in Mykonos, you will find that the city attracts everyone from large families to honeymooners. You will also see a lot of bachelor parties happening with all-guy and all-girl gangs occupying large villas overlooking the ocean.
Mykonos is blessed with some of the world’s most scenic shorelines, beaches, sunlight, and natural beauty. It is also home to the glitziest hotels, luxury villas, and some amazing restaurants. Whether you want to spend the entire day sunbathing, or hit some clubs at night, Mykonos has something for everyone.
In this article, we are going to help individuals and families who are looking at luxury Mykonos villas. We are going to discuss the following-
- List down some factors that you should consider before deciding on the villa
- Advantages of selecting a villa vis-à-vis a luxury hotel
- The Final Analysis
If you are someone who is traveling to Mykonos in the next few weeks or months, you should read the article till the end.
Factors You Should Consider Before Choosing A Luxury Villa In Mykonos
1. The Location Of The Luxury Villa
If you want to stay in Mykonos Town itself, you have a choice of wide-ranging options when it comes to hotels. If you want to stay somewhere near the beach, a luxury villa might be the better option. Decide on what kind of a place you would want to live in. If you want a laid-back kind of set-up, a luxury villa in Agios Ioannis or Platis Gialos or Ornos would do wonderfully.
2. The kind Of Environment And Design Of The Villa
If you want to enjoy traditional Greek architecture, then a scenic villa dating back some decades should be on the top of your list. These villas herald back to the golden age of Greek civilization. However, you will be getting all of the modern and technological amenities. If we are investing in our luxury vacation plans, we should be staying in something that is picturesque.
3. The Number Of Travellers That will Be Staying In The Villa
If there are six or eight of you, you do not need a villa that has ten bedrooms! This will not only set you back financially, but you will not be able to enjoy the property as well. You should also consider what kind of a group you are traveling in. Whether it’s all friends, or family members, or even couples. This will help you in making the selection between the villas.
4. The Amenities On Offer At the Luxury Villa
At the end of the day, you want to enjoy every possible luxury amenity there is to enjoy on the property. Whether you are talking about an outdoor jacuzzi or heated infinity pools overlooking the shoreline, a luxury villa has to have the very best of what is possible. You should also look at whether the villa has on offer chefs that can be hired or come with the booking package.
5. The Distance From The Town’s Center Or the Beach (depending on the location)
If you are booking a luxury villa in Mykonos, you would want it to be conveniently located. In other words, if the villa is on the beach, you would want to go into the town and enjoy a drink or two at some clubs or restaurants. On the other hand, if the property is in the town, you might want to travel down to the beach and enjoy some warm sunbathing activities.
Major Advantages Of A Luxury Villa In Mykonos Over A Hotel
In this section, we are going to look at some of the major benefits a villa has over a hotel in Mykonos-
- In terms of facilities, a luxury villa will far surpass any hotel or guest house. It comes with everything from decked-out kitchens to individual internet connectivity, movie rooms, infinity pools, and more. These are things that might not be in hotels.
- A luxury villa definitely has some extra security when you compare the same with a hotel. You get private security for your guests at all times. Many of the villas are themselves located inside large estates.
- A hotel is a very ‘public place’. This means that you will be sharing all the amenities and facilities with all the other guests. In a villa, it is only for you and your friends or family members. This exclusivity breeds luxury in more ways than one.
- Following from the above point, the sense of extra space in a villa has to be felt to be believed. You can travel anywhere on the large property and do whatever you like. You cannot do the same in a hotel as you are bound by so many different rules and laws.
- Luxury villas in Mykonos have retained their connection with tradition and culture. Whether it is the structure itself or the location where it is set, you will find yourself in an environment that is dreamy, pristine, and takes you back to a past era.
The Final Analysis
If you are able to select the best luxury villa in Mykonos, you can rest assured that this vacation will be one of the most memorable ones in your life. Mykonos has everything for everyone, and staying in a luxury villa is the best way to experience the same. If you have any other questions on any of the points mentioned in the article or would like us to guide you on the different villas you can choose from, then please let us know in the comments section below.