If you want to add some great shots to your travel memory bank, when you visit London, this is the article for you. Below we share the city´s best photography locations. Places you will enjoy visiting that provide you with the chance to take stunning photos that are sure to impress. Keep your hands free to take great photos around the city. Store any inessential items at a bag storage service like luggage storage Paddington and snap away.
Snaps Of London´S Landmarks From Interesting Angles:
While visiting London, most people do a fair bit of sightseeing. This is unsurprising given the fact that the city has so much to offer.
Here is our list of the best of those sights, with a few tips to help you to photograph them from the most interesting angle.
- The Houses of Parliament – take a picture from the South Bank, so you can get a shot of the entire building.
- Big Ben – Big Ben is in the Elizabeth Tower which is at the North end of The Houses of Parliament. So, while you are on the South Bank be sure to zoom in and take a few shots of Big Ben. If you want to get closer to capturing more of the detail, use the tips and photography locations you can find here, to do so.
- St Paul’s Cathedral – this beautiful building is best photographed from Millennium Bridge.
- Tower Bridge – head to More London to get the best shot of this iconic landmark.
- The Tower – while you are at More London swivel slightly and get a long-distance snap of The Tower, which enables you to get the entire building into your shot.
Restaurants That Have The Wow Factor
In London, there is no shortage of places to eat. According to The Office of National Statistics, the city has 9,505 full-service restaurants and clubs. As well as thousands of bars serving food, street stalls, and food trucks. So, it is not hard to find somewhere to enjoy a nice meal.
The level of choice is amazing. With so many places to eat available, competition for customers is fierce. So, unsurprisingly restaurant owners in the city are prepared to go the extra mile to make sure that they offer a unique experience to their customers.
As you can see from this list of most instagrammable restaurants in London, many of them have invested a lot of money into transporting their diners to another world. When you eat in these restaurants you will get the chance to take pictures.
Here are the details of our two favorites:
- If it is the food you want to take pictures, of, head to Heston Blumenthal´s Dinner at 66 Knightsbridge, London SW1X 7LA.
- For snaps of you dining in unique restaurant settings, head to Sketch at 9 Conduit Street, Mayfair, W1S 2XG. The dining area is divided into four zones making it easy to get the interesting shots you are after. For more inspiration, click the link above.
Photos Of London´s Beautiful Parks
London is a surprisingly green city. It has over 3,000 parks and most neighborhoods have pockets of green spaces. There are lots of park squares, as well as common ground, wetlands, heathland, river walks, and much more.
As of 2019, 18% of the city of London was covered by green space. The plan is that by 2050, 50% of the city will be covered in flora and fauna. So, there is no shortage of beautiful green spaces to photograph.
Here are our suggestions:
- Greenwich Park – this is the home of the Greenwich Observatory, The Prime Meridian and it also has panoramic views of London, so it is the perfect place to get fantastic snaps. This YT video highlights three great photography spots within Greenwich Park and explains how to take the perfect photograph at each one of them.
- Holland Park – this park is the most heavily wooded in London, so if you want shots of avenues of trees it is the place to head to. While there, don´t forget to take a few shots of its beautiful waterfall and interesting statues.
Panoramic Shots Of London
Panoramic photos of cities are always impressive. If you want to include a few in your set of travel photos, you need to get up high.
Here are two great options for you.
- King Henry VII´s Mound in Richmond Park and Parliament Hill at Hampstead Heath – perfect places to get more panoramic shots of London.
Where To Get More Inspiration
Of course, the above suggestions are just the tip of the iceberg. London is a highly photogenic city. Its layers of history mean that wherever you look you are sure to find something interesting.
So, keep an eye out while you travel around the city and use your camera to search for, frame, and take the most interesting travel shots. Use the tips in this article to help you.